Christ Church (Dublin): Magic of Music at NCH

Christ Church Cathedral Dublin webeditor at cccdub.ie
Thu Jun 17 17:55:01 GMT 2010

C H R I S T  C H U R C H  C A T H E D R A L  D U B L I N
T h u r s d a y  1 7  J u n e  2 0 1 0

M A G I C  O F  M U S I C  C O N C E R T
a t  t h e  N a t i o n a l  C o n c e r t  H a l l
______________________

On Sunday 20 and Monday 21 June at 7.30pm and 8.00pm
respectively, there will be a concert of song, dance and
entertainment performed by approx. 600 children from 23
primary schools nationwide, and conducted by Padraig Wallace,
a tenor lay vicar choral in the choir of Christ Church cathedral,
Dublin and a facilitator for the Magic of Music.

The Magic of Music is a refreshingly innovative and energetic
programme for music in the primary school classroom, which
has been received with great success in schools and after
school clubs nationwide for the last six years.

Guest artist on Monday 21 June will be “Harmonica Legend”,
Don Baker, who will be performing with the children on the night
as they sing out songs such as Summertime, We Will Rock You
and many more. It is sure to be a night clad with colour, drama
and fun. Tickets are priced at €15 for adults and €10 for children
and are available now from the National Concert Hall’s box office
or at the National Concert Hall's website: www.nch.ie.

The material to be performed comes directly from ‘The Magic of Music’
programme and is a diverse variety of songs from different cultures and
musical genres which will be performed with enthusiasm by hundreds
of children, and will also require a little audience participation!

This AIB Better Ireland 2009 winning organization is in its sixth year
of delivering energetic, enthusiastic, creative and innovative music lessons
to thousands of primary school children nationwide. It is based on the
New Revised Primary Music Curriculum. The majority of the schools
are schools from designated disadvantaged areas from all over Dublin.
It is a “not for profit” organization and all support you can give to the
children on both nights would be greatly appreciated
______________________

Further details can be found on the cathedral website at:
http://cccdub.ie/index.php?/external-events/ or at
The Magic of Music website at:
http://www.themagicofmusic.ie or by contacting
Catherine Dunphy: catherinedunphy at hotmail.com or
Padraig Wallace: p_i_wallace at hotmail.com

All are most welcome to attend all cathedral services and
events. Details of these can usually be found online at:
http://cccdub.ie/index.php?/What-s-New.html

See the Dean's Review of JUNE 2010:
http://cccdub.ie/index.php?/Church-Review-Notes/

Why not visit Dvblinia, the medieval exhibition,
or their website available at: http://dublinia.ie.