[sysadmin] ideas for dio.dat

Simon Kershaw simon at kershaw.org.uk
Fri May 22 15:49:53 UTC 2015

Thanks Allie,

I think this is a good idea and have thought several times about doing
something similar. I'm a database person too, with lots of experience of
MySQL and other DBs -- my day job is as the manager of the database team
at an engineering software company, where we have our proporietary DB
system. It's half about people skills, and half technical knowledge
(though I no longer write code in this job) and the other half dealing
with crises and doing paperwork :-)

I currently run a number of MySQL DBs on j2, so am happy to contribute to
DB design and coding. I tend to write in Perl these days, and all the
infrastructure to run Perl and MySQL is in place already.

What relevant programming languages do others here use?

In fact -- general question, perhaps better in a thread of its own ...
what skills do we each bring?

simon

--
Simon Kershaw