[sysadmin] ideas for dio.dat

Allie Graham allie at justus.anglican.org
Fri May 22 15:34:25 UTC 2015

Simon:
<Background>
Ben and I had a drink with Derek last weekend while he was in Atlanta.
His day job is in technology, much of which is working with databases
for a large bank (Derek, correct me if I'm wrong).

I mentioned Derek's procifiency with My SQL to Brian, and the idea
started rolling to move the diocesan listings to a database rather than
the text file  (which, made sense 20 years ago when Brian made it)
</background>

Since we could have a web interface that way, Mammana could make many of
the updates himself (I ran this by him, hypothetically, and it would
make him very happy).

I don't have my knowledge of MySQL (I've used it a bit but always with
specific instructions) but would be happy to have this as an opportunity
to learn.

IIRC, this list now has everyone who actively does technical work for SoAJ.

Thoughts?