[Healing] Deliverance Ministry in the Church

Jim Lynn lyngroup at inwave.com
Wed Aug 2 16:14:04 GMT 2006

You wrote:

> Could you talk more about your sense of the importance
> of deliverance ministry within the Church? How should the
> healing ministry of the Gospel be intergrated into the
> everyday life of the local parish?

Dear Fr. Peter and all,

So glad to see the list alive again with discussion.

I am a long time list member who reads posts but
seldom comments.

You asked that we talk more about the importance
of a deliverance ministry within the church. I assume
you are speaking of a healing ministry.

Forgive me for not using Anglican terminology.

To me a church without a healing ministry is like
a restaurant without a kitchen. One is so much a
part of the other, they cannot separately exist.

My ministry, God's Healing Word, offers web-based
articles on the subject and also a book entitled,
The Miracle of Healing in Your Church Today."

Our mission is to first teach that God still heals
(actively intervenes in our physical lives); And
secondly, to train and equip churches to
sanction healing ministries.

It doesn't matter what denomination asks for
our help. We've worked with Catholic, Mennonite,
Lutheran, community Churches, etc. Of course,
as you know, Most churches today have removed
divine healing from their doctrines. This sends
a conflicting message to Christians who read
in their Bible that God heals.

I would like to invite you and other list members
to visit God's Healing Word website, to read our
archived articles, and download our free ebook
(actually it is the first 3 chapters from The Miracle
Of Healing In Your Church Today). Here's the link
to our mission website:

http://godshealingword.org

Just imagine what a difference any Bible believing
Church would make in the lives of people in towns
and communities everywhere, if they knew that
Church is known for healing the sick.

That, my brothers and sisters, IMO is what a Church
is all about: Healing (saving) the sick and setting
prisoners free from their jailor. Sadly, the Christian
community has long departed from that ideal.

Many blessings in Christ Jesus,

Jim Lynn
God's Healing Word Ministry
815-986-7361