[Healing] Fw: Re:[Healing-Inactivity]

prthomas prthomas at iol.ie
Tue Aug 1 17:05:32 GMT 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: prthomas
To: Healing-request at justus.anglican.org
Sent: Tuesday, August 01, 2006 6:01 PM
Subject: Re:[Healing-Inactivity]

In response to Fr.Kevin I have always understood the `Great Commssion`as being that given by Jesus to the 12 when he sent them out as in Luke 9. 1 & 2. `....to preach the kingdom of God and heal the sick.` A reference also appears in Matthew 10. verse 1 and verses 5 - 8. Here the healing dimension is expanded to include raising the dead and driving out demons.  In my view the mainstream churches have neatly avoided this responsibility of ministry. As one who has experience and training both in the healing and in the deliverance ministry - and perhaps some little gifting in both - I find this disregard of the wishes/commands of Jesus disappointing.  At one time I was the only approved Bishop`s Advisor on the paranormal in the Church of Ireland. My background is on the high catholic side of  Anglicanism with a total commitment to the efficacy of the Blessed Sacrament.
Question : Why, by and large, do the main denominations sidestep healing/deliverance ? Is is fear of failure, lack of faith, or ignorance.
Blessings in His Name.
Fr.Peterr