Christ Church (Dublin): Experimental Evensong

Christ Church Cathedral Dublin webeditor at cccdub.ie
Sun Sep 19 12:22:28 GMT 2010

C H R I S T  C H U R C H  C A T H E D R A L  D U B L I N
S u n d a y  1 9  S e p t e m b e r  2 0 1 0

E X P E R I M E N T A L  E V E N S O N G
______________________

Composer, Tom Lane, and the choir of Christ Church
cathedral Dublin present 'A Feast for St Michael and
all Angels: An Experimental Evensong in Christ Church
Cathedral, Dublin' on SATURDAY 25 SEPTEMBER 2010
at 5.00pm as part of the ABSOLUT Fringe Festival 2010.

When a choir takes collective control of a musical service,
anything might happen. The nationally renowned choir of
Christ Church Cathedral in Dublin, in collaboration with
composer Tom Lane, present this radical  re-interpretation
of the service of evensong in a way never attempted before.
Set in one of Dublin’s most iconic buildings, expect a
re-imagined ancient tradition in a thoroughly modern context,
Religion and theatre unified by ritualised processes and group
improvisation combined with established form. This exciting
performance will only happen once — don’t regret missing it.

"Art and spirituality come together in this experimental
performance  of a traditional ritual. Regardless of your religion,
or lack of  religion, you are welcome at this very special
performance".  Róise Goan, Director, ABSOLUT Fringe.

The service is free, no ticket required,
and all are most welcome.
______________________

Details available online on the cathedral website at:
http://cccdub.ie/index.php?/special-services/

For details of the ABSOLUT Fringe Festival, see:
http://www.fringefest.com

All are most welcome to attend all cathedral services and
events. Details of these can usually be found online at:
http://cccdub.ie/index.php?/What-s-New.html

See the Dean's Review of SEPTEMBER 2010:
http://cccdub.ie/index.php?/Church-Review-Notes/

Why not visit Dvblinia, the medieval exhibition,
or their website available at: http://dublinia.ie.