Christ Church: Lunchtime Lectures May 2008

Christ Church Cathedral Dublin webeditor at cccdub.ie
Wed Apr 16 20:52:10 GMT 2008

C H R I S T  C H U R C H  C A T H E D R A L  D U B L I N
L u n c h t i m e  L e c t u r e s :  M a y  2 0 0 8

T H E  R E S T O R A T I O N  O F  C H R I S T  C H U R C H
C A T H E D R A L , D U B L I N , 1 8 7 1 - 8

TUESDAYS @ 13.15, MAY 2008
______________________

THE GEORGE EDMUND STREET
RESTORATION CAMPAIGN
(Tuesday 6 May 2008, Chapter House)
Dr Michael O'Neill, Architectural historian

G.E. STREET: CONSERVATOR OR RESTORER?
(Tuesday 13 May 2008, Crypt)
Mr Paul Arnold, Cathedral architect

KEEPING THE PIECE[S]: STREET'S
MEDIEVAL STONE COLLECTION
(Tuesday 20 May 2008, Crypt)
Dr Rachel Moss, lecturer and archives manager
Trinity Irish Art Research Centre (TRIARC)

'PERFECTLY DISGUSTING ... UTTERLY DISGRACED':
Street's verdict on Hardman's failure to complete their
stained glass commission in time for the re-consecration
(Tuesday 27 May 2008, chapter house)
Mrs Lesley Whiteside, archivist and historian
______________________

Supported by the FRIENDS OF CHRIST CHURCH.
Organised by the cathedral CULTURE COMMITTEE.
Admission free. All welcome.
______________________

For further details of the lunchtime lecture series see:
http://cccdub.ie/heritage/lectures/cc-lecture-series/lectures.html

An A4 poster for printing off can be found online at:
http://cccdub.ie/heritage/lectures/cc-lecture-series/23-restored-1870s/r.doc

t: (01) 677 8099  |  f: (01) 679 8991
e: assist at cccdub.ie  |  w: www.cccdub.ie

All are most welcome to attend all cathedral services and events.
Details of these can usually be found online at:
http://cccdub.ie/whatsnew/diary/diary.html or
http://cccdub.mhsoftware.com

Visit the CATHEDRAL SHOP online now at:
http://christchurchdublin.ie/shop/

NEW! See the Dean's Vicar's Review of MAY 2008:
http://cccdub.ie/whatsnew/review/review.html

'The Reflecting City' documents Dublin's reconstruction:
http://www.reflectingcity.com

Visit Cultivate, a new cultural centre in Essex Street West,
http://sustainable.ie/cultivate

Why not visit Dvblinia, the medieval exhibition, or their new website
available at: http://www.dublinia.ie.