Christ Church: Spring 2006 Recitals

Christ Church Cathedral Dublin webeditor at cccdub.ie
Thu Feb 16 11:35:42 GMT 2006

C H R I S T  C H U R C H  C A T H E D R A L  D U B L I N
L u n c h t i m e  R e c i t a l s :  S p r i n g  2 0 0 6

CONCERTS @ CHRIST CHURCH CATHEDRAL, DUBLIN
A series of lunchtime recitals in the heart of the city in
the cathedral during Spring 2006.

SATURDAYS @ 13.15 - 13.45
______________________

SCHOLA GREGORIANA, MAYNOOTH
Saturday 4 March 2006
Gregorian & old Roman Chant organised
by cathedral lay clerk, Dermot Kiernan.

CATHEDRAL GIRLS' CHOIR
Saturday 11 March
Students from Christ Church Cathedral Girls' Choir

DAVID BREMNER (ORGAN)
Saturday 18 March
David Bremner is the former holder of the
joint Christ Church & St Patrick's cathedrals
organ scholarship and is now organist of
Sandford and St Philips, Milltown.

JUDITH GANNON & TRISTAN RUSSCHER (PIANOS)
Saturday 1 April
Judith Gannon, a lay clerk in the cathedral choir,
and acting assistant organst, Tristan Russcher
will give a recital of piano duets.

GRÁINNE STAFFORD & LYNDA BYRNE (SOPRANO & PIANO)
Saturday 8 April
Both lay clerks in the cathedral choir, Gráinne Stafford
(soprano) will be accompanied by Lynda Byrne (piano)
for this lunchtime recital.
______________________

For further information on the series see:
http://cccdub.ie/music/choir/2006/concerts-ccc-mar-april-2006.html

N.B. RSCM CHORAL DAY (Saturday 25 March)
Instead of a recital on Saturday 25 March, this will be replaced
with a Royal School of Church Music Festival Celebration Day.
For further details contact Peter Parshall, Co-ordinator RSCM Ireland
or see further details on the cathedral website click below,
selecting 'RSCM festival service Saturday 25 March':
http://cccdub.ie/whatsnew/review/2006/06-03rev.html

For details of availability for choirs wishing to sing a residency at
Christ Church over the next year, visit our calendar of available dates:
http://cccdub.ie/music/visitingchoirs/visitingchoirs.html
http://cccdub.ie/music/visitingchoirs/visiting-choirs-calendar-2006.html

All are most welcome to attend all cathedral services and events.
Details of these can usually be found online at:
http://cccdub.ie/whatsnew/diary/diary.html

NEW! See the Dean's Vicar's February 2006 review at:
http://cccdub.ie/whatsnew/review/review.html

'The Reflecting City' documents Dublin's reconstruction:
http://www.reflectingcity.com

Visit Cultivate, a new cultural centre in Essex Street West,
http://sustainable.ie/cultivate

Why not visit Dvblinia, the medieval exhibition, or their
new website available at: http://www.dublinia.ie.