Christ Church: March 2006 Lecture Series

Christ Church Cathedral Dublin webeditor at cccdub.ie
Tue Feb 21 13:58:55 GMT 2006

C H R I S T  C H U R C H  C A T H E D R A L  D U B L I N
L u n c h t i m e  L e c t u r e s :  M a r c h  2 0 0 6

C H U R C H  O F  I R E L A N D  R E B E L S :
1 9 1 6  &  T H E  W A R  O F  I N D E P E N D E N C E

TUESDAYS @ 13.15, MARCH 2006 in the cathedral crypt.
______________________

As part of the 90th anniversary commemorations of the
1916 Easter Rising in Dublin, in its regular programme of
Tuesday lunchtime lectures, Christ Church will host
a series entitled: 'Church of Ireland rebels: 1916 and the
War of Independence', which will examine the lives of the
following four members of the Church of Ireland who
participated in the national movement during the
revolutionary period 1916-1923.
______________________

SEAN O'CASEY
Tuesday 7 March
Profesor Christopher Murray

ERSKINE CHILDERS
Tuesday 14 March
Senator Martin Mansergh

FRANCESCA TRENCH (SADBH TRÍNSEACH)
Tuesday 21 March
Dr Hilary Pyle

HARRY NICHOLLS
Tuesday 28 March
Dr Martin Maguire
______________________

The aim of the series is to consider the background, motivation
and extent of involvement in the nationalist political movement
of those who, given their background and upbringing, might have
been expected to take a very different view of political events at
the time. It is hoped that the lectures will cast light on a strand of
opinion which though small was influential, and remarkable in
terms of the history of relationships between religious persuasions
and political identities in Ireland.
______________________

For further information on the series see:
http://cccdub.ie/archives/cc-lecture-series/lectures.html and
http://dublin.anglican.org/pr/2006/pr060218-ccc-cofi-rebels.html

t: (01) 677 8099  |  f: (01) 679 8991
e: lectures at cccdub.ie  |  w: www.cccdub.ie
______________________

Supported by the FRIENDS OF CHRIST CHURCH, and held in
association with DUBLIN CITY COUNCIL.

For details of availability for choirs wishing to sing a residency at
Christ Church over the next year, visit our calendar of available dates:
http://cccdub.ie/music/visitingchoirs/visitingchoirs.html
http://cccdub.ie/music/visitingchoirs/visiting-choirs-calendar-2006.html

All are most welcome to attend all cathedral services and events.
Details of these can usually be found online at:
http://cccdub.ie/whatsnew/diary/diary.html

NEW! See the Dean's Vicar's March 2006 review at:
http://cccdub.ie/whatsnew/review/review.html

'The Reflecting City' documents Dublin's reconstruction:
http://www.reflectingcity.com

Visit Cultivate, a new cultural centre in Essex Street West,
http://sustainable.ie/cultivate

Why not visit Dvblinia, the medieval exhibition, or their
new website available at: http://www.dublinia.ie.