[RivCompanions] Today! (Please read and respond)

L Inman linman26 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 17:14:55 UTC 2014

Yes, happy feast of the Magdalene!  Last night we celebrated the feast a
little early at the House of Grace at SMM, with Evening Prayer and some
snacks and wine.  SMM is headed into the part of the rector search where
the vestry meets with the candidates chosen by the search committee (a
heavy slate of meetings for David and me!), so please do keep SMM in your
prayers for her patronal (matronal?) feast.  (Also, I arrived at church
yesterday to lead Morning Prayer and preach, to find that Steve Rottgers
was in attendance.  Glad I didn't know beforehand I was going to be
preaching in front of the Canon to the Ordinary. But it all went very well
-- SMM's way of doing liturgy is wonderful; everybody who has a part to
play does it very conscientiously and with maximal courtesy for their
colleagues.)

Speaking of the House of Grace. I did pencil in the Bethel Chapter Ember
Meeting for September 14, which is a Sunday afternoon. I see no reason why
Bethel Chapter shouldn't meet the week before the Special GC, but while I
was writing to say I can get time off to attend a September GC, I thought
I'd mention it in case the logistics alter.

Love,

Lisa

On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 11:49 AM, Virginia Brown <mothervirginiadb at gmail.com