[RivCompanions] Formation Assistance

Michael Gemignani mgmign2 at verizon.net
Fri Jun 21 09:31:32 UTC 2013

Like David, I am willing to assist in any way you consider appropriate.  I
do have a spare bedroom with its own private bathroom if any companion
coming down this way to help needs a place to stay.  Also, my home is more
centrally located than Elizabeth's for the new Houston area postulants and I
would be happy to make it available for training and would even provide the
meals for any of the meetings you choose to hold here.  I understand that it
is a companion who would be doing the training, not I, but I am offering a
possible venue.

Also, I would welcome your views on beginning Rivendell's ministry in Texas
apart from the actual training sessions.  I assume from what you've written
that you would like a monthly meeting with a companion, but I assume this
would not preclude groups of us getting together to talk about, plan, and
perhaps begin to carry out, actual work associated with the goals of
Rivendell here in Texas.  For example, we could talk to Elizabeth and
Paulette concerning how we might build additional spiritual support for the
Iona program, or we might explore setting up hospitality ministries of the
sort modeled in Memphis.

Whatever you decide, you have my complete support and cooperation.  I also
will be praying for the quick and complete recovery of your husband with his
pending kidney procedure.

In Christ, Mike