[Healing]-Inactivity.

prthomas prthomas at iol.ie
Tue Aug 1 20:27:29 GMT 2006

Any book by Francis McNutt is excellent. Balanced and theologically sound -at least I think so - and largely based on personal experience of the power of Jesus. I particularly commend `Healing`published in 1988. Another author worth reading is Martin Israel.
When I was in full-time parochial ministry in the UK I had a healing eucharist every fourth Sunday in the evening. Everyone received the laying on of hands with prayer and this was concluded with the giving of the Blessed Sacrament. The healing ministry was an integral - and not an added on - part of the liturgy. Wonderful things happened and there is no doubt in my mind that Jesus was in the midst.
Here in Southern Ireland I have had some experiences with troubled New Age folk who, perhaps unwittingly, had encountered the unquiet dead in building and specific bits of land. Maybe this came about because of their heightened spiritual/psychic awareness. I think that many in Western Society have rationalised out anything to do with the unknown and relating to the spirit/emotions. The manifestations were dealt with undramatically by myself and another priest.
Blessings.
Fr.Peter