[Healing] Fw: Re:[Healing-Inactivity]

RevdChris at aol.com RevdChris at aol.com
Tue Aug 1 17:34:22 GMT 2006

Your question — the flippant answer is 'yes'!
The thoughtful answer is, I believe (as a priest in the Church of England)
that we have come through some hundred years of being convinced that scientific
 medicine, once perfected, would cure all ills. Medicine is quite wonderful,
and  gives us much cause to rejoice with thanks, but increasingly the world is
 recognising that there is more to wholeness than what medicine offers, and
we  are learning to recover the greater, Christian, understanding of healing.
For  many that is scary, reeks of mumbo jumbo and holds the risk of humiliating
 failure. So I believe we need to tread sensitively and carefully, offering
all  that God has to offer through the healing ministry of his Church.
You ask why this group is silent — sadly some years ago it  disintegrated
into sad squabbling and fizzled out. It would be very good if it  came alive
again in a more constructive and helpful way. So, hi all, and peace  to us all!

Christine Garrard