[Francophones] Insecurity in Eastern D.R. Congo

Enoch Kayeeye bpkayeeye at hotmail.com
Mer 25 Nov 20:49:45 GMT 2009

Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ.

Ref: Reinforcement
of Bishop Bahati Bali-Busene Sylvestre of Bukavu’s report about insecurity in
North-Kivu and South-Kivu, Eastern Democratic Republic of Congo

It is important to seriously take into account what the Bishop
is reporting and for the international community to come up with urgent action.

I would like to suggest the following measures for urgent
action and prayers:

1.       That
MONUC’s mandate should include to protect the population and not to be
observers only, their role in Congo should be reviewed.

2.       The
International community should put pressure upon all fighting forces to end
hostilities on innocent people. Around table conference should be initiated as
a matter of urgency to bring all the rebel groups and Militias in Congo under
discipline. The Political leadership in the Great Lakes Region, Religious
leaders, NGOs, Chiefs, Business community, Politicians and the Population
should be involved in restoring peace in Congo.

3.       The
UN should empower the government to train Police and Army which should be
committed to protect the population and resources of the country.

4.       There
should be an Embargo upon all illegal trade of all sorts in order to build the
Economy which should benefit all people of Congo.

5.       The
British Office for International Development should come up with mechanisms to
encourage the Government of DR Congo to embark civic education for the
population to stand as a force for their own welfare and the Nation.

In conclusion, we join the Diocese of Bukavu to pray for
unconditional release of REV. MULUME KULOLWA so that he continues with his
pastoral work. We pray for all the displaced persons scattered in North –Kivu
Diocese, Bukavu Diocese and many other places.

I hope that people of good will , will understand the
situation faced by the Diocese of North-Kivu and Diocese of Bukavu, for prayers
and support.

In Christ Jesus,

R Rev. Enoch W. M. Kayeeye

Diocese of North-Kivu