[Francophones] News from Bukavu Diocese
bahati_bali at yahoo.fr
Lun 27 Avr 13:12:16 GMT 2009
SOME NEWS FROM BUKAVU DIOCESE
The present report concerns some activities happened in the diocese of Bukavu since January to April 2009.
The Bishop of Bukavu Diocese Rt Revd bahati Bali-Busane Sylvestre has visited 13 parishes in Bukavu and Lac Kivu Archdeanaries. 316 people have been confirmed there
We have inaugurated the new parishes according the decision of the Diocesan Synod of November 2008. They are Mulambi, Kadutu, Panzi and Mudusa parishes.
.The program of visits by the Bishop in parishes will continue until December 2009.
1. Bishop Bahati has organised an Evangelism by Video Method Training Seminar for Pastors on 16th –20 March 2009. The facilitator was Revd John Hayford from ADRA-ASI of Pentecostal Church of Canada.
2. 13 Churches are beeing constructed by burnt bricks in different churches of the diocese.
3. The Biblical schools continue to function with the module system.
· Social Development
1. A humanitarian Assistance has been given to 1,417 people victims of war in North Kivu Province and 100 raped women have been assisted by Microcredit in South Kivu province. This is a program of Mothers’Union in the Diocese.
2. The Mothers’Union Department has offered 25 sewing machines to 25 vulnerable women after a training in dressmaking field school organised by this department in Bukavu town.
3. 2 Health Centre are being constructed in Matutira and Abela areas. This wark needs a financial support for that it may be finished with success.
4. A trees plant (reboisement) project supported by Tearfund is being executed in the Diocese of Bukavu in the areas of Kabare and Kamanyola.
· Construction and reahabilitation of Infrastructures
1. 2 scholls are being built in the diocese: Elimu High School granted by the Congolese Government and Lwanwa Primary School granted by the Anglican Relief and Development Fund (ARDF) of the Episcopal Church of USA.
2. Elimu Primary School damaged by the earthquake is being rehabilitated by the Church of Christ in Congo.
3. The Saint Peter Cathedral continues to be rehabilitation after a sarious damage of earthquake in February 2008. Also, the Pastoral Centre Ndahura that has take fire in November 2008 is being rehabilitated. We thank the CCA for the grant of GBP1, 000 given us to enable this work.
The Church members in Bukavu diocese are making some efforts collect money to buy a new car for the transportation of the Bishop. The friends of the Diocese are requested to support this innitiative so that it may succeed.
· The visitors received in the diocese.
1. Mme Jeny Dawson and his fellowship from TRAUMA AID /Australia.
2. Rev Canon Justin Welby from Liverpool Cathedral in UK.
3. Revd John Hayford from Canada.
Bukavu 18/04/ 2009
-------------- section suivante --------------
Une pièce jointe HTML a été nettoyée...
Plus d'informations sur la liste de diffusion Francophones.justus