[Europe.justus] Nady is home

Pierre Whalon bishop at tec-europe.org
Fri Jan 22 21:59:53 GMT 2010

Dear All,

Nady and his aunt Leontyne Mbele-mbong arrived safely this morning in Paris.

They were met by Helena and Samuel. Melinda and I stopped by their hotel this evening. Nady seems well. He was apparently informed about his mother's death immediately after the building collapse, so has had some time to think.

His mother Lisa's funeral is being planned for February 11 at 1pm, at Emmanuel Church, Geneva.

The story shows the church at its best, I think. I am very proud of all of you, especially the rector and people of Emmanuel, but also our Episcopalians in Santo Domingo, who were so helpful. And a tip of the mitre to M. Olivier Poupard of the Frtench Foreign Ministry.

In Christ

Bishop Pierre

Bishop (Mgr) Pierre Whalon
Convocation of Episcopal Churches in Europe
23, avenue George V
75008 Paris France
+33 1 53 23 84 06  (tel)
+33 1 49 52 96 85 (fax)