Christ Church (Dublin): Silent Film Classics (13-14 October 2010)

Christ Church Cathedral Dublin webeditor at cccdub.ie
Fri Oct 8 14:24:51 GMT 2010

C H R I S T  C H U R C H  C A T H E D R A L  D U B L I N
F r i d a y  8  O c t o b e r  2 0 1 0

S I L E N T  F I L M  C L A S S I C S  w i t h
O r g a n  I m p r o v i s e d  S o u n d t r a c k s
______________________

On Wednesday 13 and Thursday 14 October next week at
8.00pm, two silent film classics will be shown in the nave
of Christ Church cathedral Dublin. The first screening, on
Wednesday, is 'Dr Jekyll & Mr Hyde' (1920), while the second
is 'The Passion of Joan of Arc' (1928). The highlight of the films
will be the live sound track which will be improvised on the
cathedral organ by the internationally reknowned concert
organist, composer and improviser, David Briggs, for whom
more details can be found online at: www.david-briggs.org.

All are most welcome. Tickets are 15 and 12 Euro (concessions)
and are available from www.tickets.ie and also from:
City Discs, Temple Lane South, Dublin 2: 01 633 0066
Road Records, 16B Fade Street, Dublin 2: 01 671 7340
Cork Tickets, 4 Washington Street, Cork: 021 427 6300
A special combi-ticket is available for both both films,
priced at 25 and 20 euro (concessions).

Details of both Silent Film concerts online at:
http://cccdub.ie/index.php?/concert/

All are most welcome to attend all cathedral services and
events. Details of these can usually be found online at:
http://cccdub.ie/index.php?/What-s-New.html

See the Dean's Review of OCTOBER 2010:
http://cccdub.ie/index.php?/Church-Review-Notes/

Why not visit Dvblinia, the medieval exhibition,
or their website available at: http://dublinia.ie.