Christ Church (Dublin): Installation of New Dignitaries

Christ Church Cathedral Dublin webeditor at cccdub.ie
Fri Jan 16 14:24:48 GMT 2009

C H R I S T  C H U R C H  C A T H E D R A L  D U B L I N
F r i d a y  1 6  J a n u a r y  2 0 0 9

I N S T A L L A T I O N  O F  N E W  D I G N I T A R I E S
______________________

The unusually large number of four new dignitaries will be
installed in at Christ Church cathedral, Dublin this Sunday
18 January 2009 at 3.30pm during evensong. The positions
are those of the archdeacon of Glendalough, precentor,
treasurer and twelfth canon.

Canon Ricky Rountree, currently treasurer on the cathedral
chapter, will be installed as the new archdeacon of Glendalough.
The Revd Peter Campion has been elected by the chapter to
the position of precentor, a position next in seniority to the dean.
Canon John McCullagh, formerly secretary to the Church of
Ireland's Secondary Education Committee and recently
appointed to the incumbency of Rathdrum, Derralossary with
Glenealy will be installed as treasurer (the fourth of the 'four
square' dignitaries: dean, precentor, chancellor and treasurer).
The Revd Ted Ardis, rector of Donnybrook and Irishtown, will
be installed as the twelfth canon.

The installations, which take place in the context of choral
evensong, will be sung by the cathedral choir and include
Shephard 'Preces and responses', canticles by Brewer:
'Evening Service in D' with an anthem by Gustav Holst
'This have I done for my true love'.

All are most welcome to attend. Tea will be served in the crypt
afterwards to which all are warmly invited. There is no parking
available in the cathedral grounds, and those wishing to attend
the service should use the St Werburgh's Street car park behind
Jury's Christchurch Inn.
______________________

For details of Canon Rountree's appointment see:
http://tinyurl.ie/432
For the Revd Peter Campion's appointment, see:
http://tinyurl.ie/433
For Canon John McCullagh and the Revd Ted Ardis see:
http://tinyurl.ie/434

All are most welcome to attend all cathedral services and events.
Details of these can usually be found online at:
http://cccdub.ie/whatsnew/diary/diary.html or
http://cccdub.mhsoftware.com

Visit the CATHEDRAL SHOP online now at:
http://christchurchdublin.ie/shop/

See the Dean's Vicar's Review of FEBRUARY 2009:
http://cccdub.ie/whatsnew/review/review.html

Visit Cultivate, a cultural centre in Essex Street West,
http://cultivate.ie

Why not visit Dvblinia, the medieval exhibition,
or their website available at: http://dublinia.ie.