Christ Church: St Patrick's Festival Concert

Christ Church Cathedral Dublin webeditor at cccdub.ie
Sat Mar 8 17:37:43 GMT 2008

C H R I S T  C H U R C H  C A T H E D R A L  D U B L I N
S a t u r d a y  8  M a r c h  2 0 0 8

S T  P A T R I C K ' S  F E S T I V A L  C O N C E R T
______________________

As part of the St Patrick's day festivities,
Christ Church Cathedral Choir & Players,
will provide a celebratory evening concert,
conducted by Judy Martin and including
traditional Irish songs as well as works by
Casals, Chilcott, Howells, Parry & Poulenc.

The showpieces of the programme will be the
cantata by J.S. Bach, 'Himmelskönig, sei
willkommen (BWV 182)', the well known
'Missa Brevis in D' (K194) by W.A. Mozart,
and a rare performance of 'Los coflades de la
estleya' by Juan de Araujo (1646-1712), the
greatest South American composer of the
Baroque period.

The concert is on FRIDAY 14 MARCH 2008
at 7.00pm. Tickets are from 24 euro and 18.50
euro (concessions) and can be obtained by
telephone at +353 01 872 1122 or by visiting
the Central Ticket Bureau website at www.ctb.ie.
______________________

Details of the concert can be found online at:
http://cccdub.ie/music/choirs/choir/2008/stpatsfest/ccc-pats-fest-2008.html
and on the St Patrick's Festival website at:
http://www.stpatricksfestival.ie/html/events_christchurchchoral.html

Further details from Peter Parshall, Music Development Officer,
Christ Church Cathedral, Christ Church Place, Dublin 8, Ireland
Tel: +353 (0)1 677 8099 ext 204, Fax: +353 (0)1 679 8991,
Email: music at cccdub.ie, Web: www.cccdub.ie

All are most welcome to attend all cathedral services and events.
Details of these can usually be found online at:
http://cccdub.ie/whatsnew/diary/diary.html or
http://cccdub.mhsoftware.com

Visit the CATHEDRAL SHOP online now at:
http://christchurchdublin.ie/shop/

NEW! See the Dean's Vicar's Review of March 2008:
http://cccdub.ie/whatsnew/review/review.html

'The Reflecting City' documents Dublin's reconstruction:
http://www.reflectingcity.com

Visit Cultivate, a new cultural centre in Essex Street West,
http://sustainable.ie/cultivate

Why not visit Dvblinia, the medieval exhibition, or their
new website available at: http://www.dublinia.ie.