Christ Church: Lunchtime Lectures November 2007

Christ Church Cathedral Dublin webeditor at cccdub.ie
Wed Oct 10 08:28:16 GMT 2007

C H R I S T  C H U R C H  C A T H E D R A L  D U B L I N
L u n c h t i m e  L e c t u r e s :  N o v e m b e r  2 0 0 7

P R I O R S ,  D E A N S  &  B I S H O P S :
Leadership at Christ Church Cathedral, Dublin

TUESDAYS @ 13.15, NOVEMBER 2007 in the crypt.
______________________

PRIOR DAVID WINCHESTER (1489-99):
founder of the choir school?
(Tuesday 6 November)
Dr Barra Boydell, Department
of Music, NUI Maynooth

DEAN JONAS WHEELER (1595-1618):
constitutional and cathedral rebuilding
(Tuesday 13 November)
Dr John McCafferty, School of History
& Archives, University College Dublin

BISHOP RICHARD ROBINSON (1761-5):
Kildare & Christ Church 'in commendam'
(Tuesday 20 November)
Dr Anthony Malcomson (20 November)
Former Director of the Public Record
Office of Northern Ireland

ARCHBISHOP RICHARD CHENEVIX TRENCH (1871-84):
steering a church through disestablishment
(Tuesday 27 November)
Dr Kenneth Milne, Church of Ireland Historiographer
& Keeper of the Archives, Christ Church, Dublin
______________________

Funded by the FRIENDS OF CHRIST CHURCH.
Organised in association with DUBLIN CITY COUNCIL
by the cathedral CULTURE COMMITTEE.
Admission free. All welcome.
______________________

For further details of the lunchtime lecture series see:
http://cccdub.ie/heritage/lectures/cc-lecture-series/lectures.html

An A4 poster for printing off can be found online at:
http://cccdub.ie/heritage/lectures/cc-lecture-series/22-priors-deans/p.doc

t: (01) 677 8099  |  f: (01) 679 8991
e: lectures at cccdub.ie  |  w: www.cccdub.ie

All are most welcome to attend all cathedral services and events.
Details of these can usually be found online at:
http://cccdub.ie/whatsnew/diary/diary.html

See the Dean's Vicar's Harvest 2007 review at:
http://cccdub.ie/whatsnew/review/review.html

'The Reflecting City' documents Dublin's reconstruction:
http://www.reflectingcity.com

Visit Cultivate, a new cultural centre in Essex Street West,
http://sustainable.ie/cultivate

Why not visit Dvblinia, the medieval exhibition, or their
new website available at: http://www.dublinia.ie.