Christ Church: Organ Scholarship 2006-7

Christ Church Cathedral Dublin webeditor at cccdub.ie
Tue Jan 24 12:02:52 GMT 2006

C H R I S T  C H U R C H  C A T H E D R A L  D U B L I N
T u e s d a y  2 4  J a n u a r y  2 0 0 6

O R G A N  S C H O L A R S H I P  2 0 0 6 - 2 0 0 7
Christ Church & St Patrick's cathedrals, Dublin
______________________

Dublin’s two Anglican cathedrals are offering, jointly, an
Organ Scholarship for the academic year 2006-2007.
The scholarship is intended for organ students wishing to
gain experience in all aspects of cathedral music, either
before or after their university or music college courses.

The scholar benefits from the experience of working both
with the choir of boys and men at St Patrick’s Cathedral
and the mixed–adult choir at Christ Church Cathedral, as
well as the girls’ choirs of each cathedral, and from having
regular access to two very different types of instrument.

The scholarship is worth €6000 (euro) per annum. Tuition
in organ playing and conducting is included in the package,
as well as a bursary towards lessons abroad. The scholar is
provided with a one bedroom flat right in the heart of the
vibrant inner city, close to both cathedrals.

For further details, please contact:
St Patrick’s:
Organist and Master of the Choristers, Peter Barley
peter.barley at stpatrickscathedral.ie

Christ Church:
Director of Music, Judy Martin
dom at cccdub.ie

CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 31 January 2006.
______________________

Further details online at:
http://cccdub.ie/music/organists/scholar/organscholarship-2006-7.html

or from Peter Parshall, Music Development Officer,
Co-ordinator RSCM Ireland, Christ Church Cathedral
Christ Church Place, Dublin 8, Ireland
t: 353 (0)1 671 2426  |  f: +353 (0)1 679 8991
e: music at cccdub.ie  |  w: www.cccdub.ie

All are most welcome to attend all cathedral services and events.
Details of these can usually be found online at:
http://cccdub.ie/whatsnew/diary/diary.html

See the Dean's Vicar's January 2006 review at:
http://cccdub.ie/whatsnew/review/review.html

'The Reflecting City' documents Dublin's reconstruction:
http://www.reflectingcity.com

Visit Cultivate, a new cultural centre in Essex Street West,
http://sustainable.ie/cultivate

Why not visit Dvblinia, the medieval exhibition, or their
new website available at: http://www.dublinia.ie.