Christ Church Events: 5 - 30 July 2005

Christ Church Cathedral Dublin webeditor at cccdub.ie
Tue Jul 5 11:33:47 GMT 2005

C H R I S T  C H U R C H  C A T H E D R A L  D U B L I N
T u e s d a y  5  -  S a t u r d a y  3 0  J u l y  2 0 0 5

D i a r y  O v e r v i e w
______________________

Tuesday 5 July
  18.00 - Choral Evensong (Cathedral consort)
Wednesday 6 July
  18.00 - Choral Evensong (Sidney Sussex College, Cambridge)
Thursday 7 July (Maelruain of Tallaght, monk, c.775)
  13.15 - Lunchtime concert: First Pearland Choir
  18.00 - Choral Evensong (Cathedral Choir)
Saturday 9 July
  17.00 - Choral Evensong (Grove City College Choir)
Sunday 10 July
  11.00 - The Cathedral Eucharist (Cathedral Choir)
  15.30 - Choral Evensong (Cathedral Choir)
  The cathedral choirs' are now on summer recess.
  We are grateful to our visiting choirs for their contribution.
Tuesday 12 July
  18.00 - Marriage Blessing: Dan & Marie
Saturday 16 July
  17.00 - Choral Evensong (Cantabile Singers)
Sunday 17 July
  11.00 - Cathedral Eucharist (Cantabile Singers)
  15.30 - Choral Evensong (Cantabile Singers)
  18.00 - Ringing for Dublin Harp Congress, Dublin Castle
Sunday 24 July
  11.00 - Cathedral Eucharist (Mayfield United Methodist Choir)
  15.30 - Evening Prayer
Monday 25 July (St James the Apostle)
  13.15 - Lunchtime concert (San Diego Choral Ensemble)
Friday 29 July (Mary, Martha and Lazarus, companions of our Lord)
  13.15 - Lunchtime concert: Tacoma Youth Chorale
Saturday 30 July
  17.00 - Choral Evensong (Southwell Minster Chorale)

FULL DIARY DETAILS

Tuesday 5 July 2005 - Choral Evensong (18.00)
Sung by the cathedral consort
Radcliffe responses, Dyson in F and
Chilcott 'Be thou my vision'.

Wednesday 6 July 2005 - Choral Evensong (18.00)
Sung by the choir of Sidney Sussex College, Cambridge
Rose responses, Stanford in A and Byrd 'Iustorum animae'.
For details of the Sidney Sussex college choir see:
http://www.sid.cam.ac.uk/indepth/chapel/chapel.html

Thursday 7 July 2005 - Lunchtime concert (13.15)
A lunchtime concert will be given by the Texan
First Pearland Choir. All are most welcome.
For further details of the choir see online at:
http://www.fumcpearland.org/ministry/ministries_music.html
______________________

Thursday 7 July 2005 - Choral Evensong (18.00)
Sung by the cathedral choir
Shephard responses, Lloyd 'Salisbury service'
and Pott 'Ubi caritas'.

Saturday 9 July 2005 - Choral Evensong (17.00)
Sung by the Grove City College Choir
Plainsong responses, Schubert 'Magnificat',
Holst 'Nunc dimittis' and Gretchaninov 'Holy radiant light'.
http://www.gcc.edu/student/organization/music/default.htm

Sunday 10 July 2005 - Cathedral Eucharist (11.00)
Preacher: The Dean. Sung by the cathedral choir
Pott 'Mass for five voices' and Pott 'Ubi caritas'.
______________________

Sunday 10 July 2005 - Choral Evensong (15.30)
Shephard responses, Wood in F (Collegium Regale)
and Parry 'Hear my words'.
______________________

The cathedral choirs are now on summer recess
We are most grateful to our visiting choirs for their
contribution to the liturgy	.

Tuesday 12 July 2005 - Marriage Blessing (18.00)
The marriage blessing of choir member, Dan Apalaghie
and Marie Sabatier, will take place at 6.00pm in the
cathedral. All are warmly welcome.

Saturday 16 July 2005 - Choral Evensong (17.00)
Sung by the Cantabile Singers
Ayleward responses, Tallis 'The Dorian Service',
Brahms 'Wie lieblich sind deine Wohnungen'.

Sunday 17 July 2005 - Cathedral Eucharist (11.00)
Sung by the Cantabile Singers
Patrick in A and Vaughan Williams 'O taste and see'.
______________________

Sunday 17 July 2005 - Choral Evensong (15.30)
Sung by the Cantabile Singers
Smith responses, Noble in B minor and
Byrd 'Teach me, O Lord'.
______________________

Sunday 17 July 2005 - Bell Ringing (18.00)
>From 6.00pm, the cathedral bells will be rung for the
9th World Harp Congress, which takes place in Dublin
this year, and opens this evening in Dublin Castle.
http://www.conferencepartners.ie/whc2005/index.htm

Sunday 24 July 2005 - Cathedral Eucharist (11.00)
Preacher: Canon McCullagh. Sung by the
Mayfield United Methodist Choir
Music for the Eucharist by Danish and Bell,
Rutter 'Steal away' and Helvey 'O lux beatissima'.
http://www.mayfieldchurch.org/Ministries/ministries_music.htm
______________________

Sunday 24 July 2005 - Evening Prayer (15.30)
Evening prayer will be said this Sunday.

Monday 25 July 2005 - Lunchtime Concert (13.15)
The San Diego Choral Ensemble will give a lunchtime
concert in the cathedral at 1.15pm after the midday
eucharist. All are most welcome to come along.

Friday 29 July 2005 - Lunchtime concert (13.15)
The Tacoma Youth Chorale will give a lunchtime concert
today at 1.15pm. All are welcome.
http://www.tacomayouthchorus.org

Saturday 30 July 2005 - Choral Evensong (17.00)
Sung by Southwell Minster Chorale

All are most welcome to attend all cathedral services and events.
Details of these can usually be found online at:
http://cccdub.ie/whatsnew/diary/diary.html

NEW! See the updated July 2005 review at:
http://cccdub.ie/whatsnew/review/review.html

Why not visit Dvblinia, the medieval exhibition, or their
new website available at: http://www.dublinia.ie.

Stuart Kinsella, Web & Email Editor
webeditor at cccdub.ie
Christ Church Cathedral Dublin