[Francophones] Tr : ACNS4734 Bishop Onesphore Rwaje elected Archbishop of the Province of the Anglican Church of Rwanda

Mary Ellen Dolan priest1295 at yahoo.fr
Mar 21 Sep 16:48:05 GMT 2010

----- Message transféré ----
De : Anglican Communion News Service <acnslist at anglicancommunion.org>
À : priest1295 at yahoo.fr
Envoyé le : Mar 21 septembre 2010, 18h 34min 20s
Objet : ACNS4734 Bishop Onesphore Rwaje elected Archbishop of the Province of
the Anglican Church of Rwanda

Bishop Onesphore Rwaje elected Archbishop of the Province of the Anglican Church
of Rwanda

Posted On : September 21, 2010 5:25 PM | Posted By : Webmaster
ACNS: http://www.aco.org/acns/news.cfm/2010/9/21/ACNS4734
Related Categories: Rwanda

The House of Bishops of the Province of the Anglican Church of Rwanda has
elected the Rt. Revd Onesphore Rwaje as Archbishop to succeed the Most Rev.
Emmanuel Kolini . He will take over from Archbishop Kolini on December 12, 2010
the latter having served as the Archbishop of Rwanda for the past 12 years.

Bishop Rwaje currently serves as Bishop of Byumba Diocese and Dean of the
Province. An official statement said: "The Anglican Church of Rwanda is pleased
to announce to all Rwanda Christians, especially Anglican Christians, that
during their House of Bishops meeting, which took place on 17 September in the
Year of our Lord 2010, Bishop Onesphore Rwaje was elected as the
Archbishop-elect of the Province of the Anglican Church of Rwanda and Bishop of
the new Gasabo Diocese for the Province of the Anglican Church of Rwanda."

Bishop Rwaje was quoted as saying after his election: “I will put emphasis on
what I have been doing, which is spreading the gospel, promoting community
development initiatives, and fighting poverty in general.”

The Archbishop-elect promised to lead the House of Bishops for the next five
years with humility and spiritual guidance.