[Francophones] Je fais suivre cet article tel qu'il est publié par le quotidien "New Times" de Kigali.

Bishop Venuste Mutiganda audivia2002 at yahoo.fr
Lun 19 Avr 12:51:58 GMT 2010

Monday 19th of April, 2010

Rwanda to get new Anglican ArchbishopBy Godfrey Ntagungira

L-R : Archbishop Emmanuel Kolini ; The Archbishop-elect Rev. Louis Muvunyi. (Photo G Ntagingira)

KIGALI - The principal of Kigali Anglican Theological College, Louis Muvunyi, will be soon consecrated as the next Anglican Bishop of Kigali Diocese and Archbishop of Anglican Church in Rwanda after being elected by the House of Bishops to replace Archbishop Emmanuel Kolini who has reached the retirement age of 65.
“I am looking forward to see the Church in Rwanda fulfilling its mission and contributing to the healing and the revival of our nation,” Muvunyi said in an exclusive interview last week.
The out-going Archbishop, Kolini, described his would-be successor as a deeply spiritual person, theologically able and a humble man, who is widely respected both among his fellow bishops and the entire population.
“I’m so excited that such a disciplined and inspirational figure has come on board; I believe he’s a blessing to this nation,” Kolini said.
Muvunyi holds a diploma in theology from Mwanza Bible College, Bachelors Degree in Theology from Mukono Christian University in Uganda and a Masters Degree from the International Christian College in Scotland.
Bishop Kolini’s retirement is inline with the denomination constitution that mandates the bishops to retire at 65.
“I think I have done my part and it is time for me to pass on the mantle…I am an old man who needs to grow old a happy man because those that passed through my hands are now responsible people, I now have a reason to thank God for the gift of the ministry he imparted in my life” Kolini said.
Ends