[Francophones] Je fais suivre cet article tel qu'il est publié par le quotidien "New Times" de Kigali.

Bishop Venuste Mutiganda audivia2002 at yahoo.fr
Sam 3 Avr 08:51:15 GMT 2010

Rucyahana ready for NURC challengeBy James Karuhanga

READY FOR CHALLANGE: Bishop John Rucyahana

Bishop John Rucyahana, the former Bishop of Shyira Diocese, has expressed optimism about his new “difficult but achievable” appointment as president of the National Unity and Reconciliation Commission (NURC).
His appointment was among the many approved by Thursday’s Cabinet meeting chaired by President Paul Kagame.
Speaking to The New Times yesterday, Rucyahana said he was determined to give his best in what he refers to as a new, big and challenging task that no Rwandan should shy away from.
“Working towards reconciliation is the whole purpose of Jesus Christ who came to reconcile us with God,” said Rucyahana, who recently retired from his duties at the diocese in the Northern Province.
“I heard about the appointment and I need to know the details, but in general, the work is about what God calls all of us to do. There are lots of things to do in this country.”
He conceded that this was a big task whose achievement requires no magic, saying that it is a process that the country and the people have engaged in.
“It is a challenge, a task to do with commitment and that actually requires research, because you cannot assume that you know everything related to reconciliation.”
Meanwhile, the newly restructured Rwanda Development Board (RDB) also has some buoyant new-comers. Rica Rwigamba, who is set to take on new duties as Head of Tourism and Conservation, believes her private sector background provides a “good combination” of experience to do a good job.
“I am glad that I am given an opportunity to be part of RDB and to play a role in the revamping of tourism in the country,” Rwigamba said.
Ends