[Europe.justus] Fr Bill Franklin elected Bishop of Western New York

Pierre Whalon bishop at tec-europe.org
Sun Nov 21 08:59:31 GMT 2010

Dear All,

Our own Bill Franklin, who served with distinction at Resurrection, Orvieto, as vicar, St. Paul's, Rome, and at the Anglican Centre in Rome, has been elected as Bishop of the Diocese of Western New York. He writes me this morning (last night in New York):

> I was elected today on the seventh ballot.  What a day!  The thing went on from 10 am to 7:30 pm.

Two bishops-elect in one year from Europe! The Spirit is telling you something, dear sisters and brothers, our life together, when others recognize the leaders we raised up here.

See http://www.episcopalwny.org/ for his message of acceptance and the ballot results.

Bishop-elect Bill and Carmela Franklin will be living and working from Buffalo, New York, where they both have family. Carmela will continue her professorship at Columbia University for a while.

The Diocese of Western New York has a cartoon showing what they thought their new bishop would be doing. So now we now that will be Bill+ walking Niagara Falls!

More later as details come in.

In Christ,

Bishop Pierre

Bishop (Mgr) Pierre Whalon
Convocation of Episcopal Churches in Europe
23, avenue George V
75008 Paris France
+33 1 53 23 84 06  (tel)
+33 1 49 52 96 85 (fax)