[Europe.justus] Happy Hooker Day

Bishop bishop at tec-europe.org
Tue Nov 3 09:54:51 GMT 2009

This is about Richard Hooker, whose feast it is today.

The greatest Anglican theologian, whom I quote and paraphrase
regularly--read about him at

http://satucket.com/lectionary/RHooker.htm

and at

http://www.luminarium.org/renlit/hookbib.htm

and still more at

http://justus.anglican.org/resources/bio/64.html

Then join me in the Collect for Richard Hooker, which seems extremely
relevant to our own day:

O God of truth and peace, who raised up your servant Richard Hooker in
a day of bitter controversy to defend with sound reasoning and great
charity the catholic and reformed religion: Grant that we may maintain
that middle way, not as a compromise for the sake of peace, but as a
comprehension for the sake of truth; through Jesus Christ our Lord,
who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever
and ever. Amen.

(for a picture, see my blog entry at http://bit.ly/2dPhDf)

Bishop (Mgr) Pierre Whalon
Convocation of Episcopal Churches in Europe
23, avenue George V
75008 Paris France
+33 1 53 23 84 06  (tel)
+33 1 49 52 96 85 (fax)