Christ Church (Dublin): Choir Fundraising Appeal (June 2010)

Christ Church Cathedral Dublin webeditor at cccdub.ie
Fri May 28 16:02:36 GMT 2010

C H R I S T  C H U R C H  C A T H E D R A L  D U B L I N
F r i d a y  2 8  M a y  2 0 1 0

C H O I R  F U N D R A I S I N G  A P P E A L
( J U N E  2 0 1 0 )
______________________

Christ Church Cathedral Dublin has a long and strong
musical tradition which is both visibly and vocally represented
at services by excellent and committed choirs who have
contributed so willingly over the years to the liturgical
life of the cathedral. This tradition has been challenged in
recent times and the cathedral board has had to respond
accordingly.

A combination of volcanic ash clouds and world wide
recession has impacted on our visitor numbers resulting
in a decrease of 25% in our income. The significant cuts
in the budget relating to the cathedral choir mean that we
have had to reduce the choir to three services from the start
of the new term in September. We have also honoured our
commitments to all current choir members reflecting their
dedication and loyalty to the cathedral.

Ensuring the continuity of the choir through to the end of
2010 has resulted in a financial shortfall of 30,000 Euro.
To date we have received donations of just over 8,000 Euro
towards maintaining the choir, leaving us with a shortfall of
22,000 Euro. We urgently need to raise this shortfall while
also developing a plan to secure the future of the choir.

If you wish to make a donation to assist the choir, please
click 'DONATE' on the cathedral website at www.cccdub.ie
or visit our Paypal page directly at: http://tinyurl.com/36kwlx6.
To specifiy the payment as for the choir, please select:
'Add special instructions to the seller' when reviewing your
donation in the final page and type 'CATHEDRAL CHOIR'.
Alternatively, contact the managing director, Bernie Murphy
at bernie.murphy at cccdub.ie or on 00353 (0)1 677 8099.

With many thanks for the well wishes and generosity
of those who have already contributed.

See also this information online on the cathedral website at:
http://cccdub.ie/index.php?/choirs/choir-fundraising-appeal-june-2010.html

All are most welcome to attend all cathedral services and
events. Details of these can usually be found online at:
http://cccdub.ie/index.php?/What-s-New.html

Why not visit Dvblinia, the medieval exhibition,
or their website available at: http://dublinia.ie.