Christ Church Events: 11 - 28 August 2005

Christ Church Cathedral Dublin webeditor at cccdub.ie
Thu Aug 11 14:53:20 GMT 2005

C H R I S T  C H U R C H  C A T H E D R A L  D U B L I N
T h u r s d a y  1 1  -  S u n d a y  2 8  A u g u s t  2 0 0 5

D i a r y  O v e r v i e w
______________________

Thursday 11 August
  18.00 - Choral Evensong (Christ Church, Elbow Park, Calgary)
Saturday 13 August
  17.00 - Choral Evensong (Christ Church, Elbow Park, Calgary)
Sunday 14 August
  11.00 - Cathedral Eucharist (Christ Church, Elbow Park, Calgary)
  15.30 - Choral Evensong (Christ Church, Elbow Park, Calgary)
Thursday 18 August
  18.00 - Choral Evensong (Rawstorne Singers)
Friday 19 August
  18.00 - Choral Evensong (Rawstorne Singers)
Saturday 20 August
  17.00 - Choral Evensong (Rawstorne Singers)
Sunday 21 August
  11.00 - Cathedral Eucharist (Rawstorne Singers)
  15.30 - Choral Evensong (Rawstorne Singers)
Saturday 27 August
  17.00 - Choral Evensong (St Mary's Hamilton)
Sunday 28 August
  11.00 - Cathedral Eucharist (St Mary's Hamilton)
  15.30 - Choral Evensong (St Mary's Hamilton)

FULL DIARY DETAILS

Thursday 11 August 2005 - Choral Evensong (18.00)
Sung by the choir of Christ Church, Elbow Park, Calgary
Ayleward responses, Willan 'Fauxbourdons'
and Rheinberger 'Abendlied'.
For details of the choir of Christ Church, Elbow Park, Calgary:
http://www.rideaumusic.com/product-240320

Saturday 13 August 2005 - Choral Evensong (17.00)
Sung by the choir of Christ Church, Elbow Park, Calgary
Hunt responses, Howells 'The Gloucester Service',
Dohnanyi 'Locus iste'.

Sunday 14 August 2005 - Cathedral Eucharist (11.00)
Sung by the choir of Christ Church, Elbow Park, Calgary
Preacher: Canon Kennerley
Willan 'Rise up, my love, my fair one',
Hassler 'Missa Secunda' & Ives 'O sacrum convivium'.
______________________

Sunday 14 August 2005 - Choral Evensong (15.30)
Sung by the choir of Christ Church, Elbow Park, Calgary
Lloyd responses, Jackson in G
and Gardiner 'Te lucis ante terminum'.

Thursday 18 August 2005 - Choral Evensong (18.00)
Sung by the Rawstorne Singers
Hilton 'Lord for thy tender mercy’s sake',
Tomkins responses, Noble in B minor &
Sumsion 'They that go down to the sea in ships'.
The Rawstorne Singers website can be found at:
http://www.rawstornesingers.musicnw.co.uk

Friday 19 August 2005 - Choral Evensong (18.00)
Sung by the Rawstorne Singers
Tye 'O come ye servants	', Reading responses,
Purcell in G minor and Purcell 'O God, thou art my God'.

Saturday 20 August 2005 - Choral Evensong (17.00)
Sung by the Rawstorne Singers
Kitson 'Holy father, cheer our way', Lank responses,
Howells 'St. Paul’s Service' and Vaughan Williams 'Antiphon'.

Sunday 21 August 2005 - Cathedral Eucharist (11.00)
Sung by the Rawstorne Singers
Preacher: Canon Heaney.
Harris 'The Holy Eucharist', Mozart 'Spätzenmesse'
and Palestrina 'Sicut cervus desiderat ad fontes aquarum'.
______________________

Sunday 21 August 2005 - Choral Evensong (15.30)
Sung by the Rawstorne Singers
Stanford 'Justorum animae', Clucas responses,
Kelly in C and Hadley 'My beloved spake'.

Saturday 27 August 2005 - Choral Evensong (17.00)
Sung by the choir of St Mary's Hamilton
Reading responses, Purcell in G minor
and Dalby 'My heart aflame'.
For the choir of St Mary's Hamilton, see online at:
http://www.stmarysepiscopalhamilton.co.uk/page5.html

Sunday 28 August 2005 - Cathedral Eucharist (11.00)
Sung by the choir of St Mary's Hamilton,
Preacher: Canon Bryan. Vaughan Williams 'Mass in G minor',
Parsons 'Ave Maria'.
______________________

Sunday 28 August 2005 - Choral Evensong (15.30)
Sung by the choir of St Mary's Hamilton
Rose responses, Wood in F (Collegium Regale),
Parry 'I was glad when they said unto me'.

We are most grateful to all the visiting choirs for their
musical contribution to the cathedral's liturgy during the
summer recess of the cathedral choirs.

All are most welcome to attend all cathedral services and events.
Details of these can usually be found online at:
http://cccdub.ie/whatsnew/diary/diary.html

NEW! See the updated August 2005 review at:
http://cccdub.ie/whatsnew/review/review.html

Why not visit Dvblinia, the medieval exhibition, or their
new website available at: http://www.dublinia.ie.

Stuart Kinsella, Web & Email Editor
webeditor at cccdub.ie
Christ Church Cathedral Dublin